Monday, February 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

This Fall I heard lots of talk about Pumpkin Pancakes... but for whatever reason I never gave them a try.  Then for some strange reason I had an insatiable craving for them this past weekend.  We re-visited our tradition of Saturday Morning Pancakes with a little twist, a sweet pumpkin twist.  I found this recipe on www.AllRecipes.com, I tweaked it a tiny bit.  They were a hit!  Even B devoured the little crumbs we put on his tray!


What you need:
1 cup flour
1 Tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 Tbs Vegetable oil or Apple sauce (I did one of each)

What to do:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl
2. In a different bowl mix eggs, milk, pumpkin and oil
3.  Add dry ingredients to wet, mix well.  If too clumpy add 1 Tbs of water
4.  Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto greased griddle or frying pan. Cook each side until golden!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails