Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waving the white flag...

I have been fighting (with all my might and every home-remedy) a nasty sinus infection for the last week.  I have been drinking tons of water, doing a nasal flush with the Neti Pot, gargling, doing a heat compress, taking my vitamins, drinking green smoothies, taking naps, avoiding dairy... and then trying it all over again, and again... to no avail.

I tried with all my might to avoid antibiotics; I hate taking anything extra when I am pregnant.  But everyday I have been feeling worse.  I have been getting up 2-3 times at night, unable to breath through my nose and my throat hurting incredibly bad.  I called my doctor (OB) to ask what to do and he thought that it was best that I get started on an antibiotic.  So I did, this afternoon.  I pray that I am able to start feeling better, and soon.  I also, keep praying for God's protection over our little one as I am on this medicine.

On a side note, in the past I have had great success with the Neti Pot (I don't know why it didn't work this time).  It is the strangest feeling in world, but the instant relief is well worth the temporary discomfort.  Also, it is not very attractive in process, so be careful who is around for your first Neti experience : )
Himalayan Institute Ceramic Neti Pot, White/Yellow

I wave the white flag and surrender... Sinus infection you win your antibiotics this time.  But you can't say I didn't give up a worthy fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails