Monday, February 22, 2010

longing for friends... at 4

The last couple of days have been a little hard on my little man's ego. Not that we don't all need a dose of reality, I am not looking to protect H from the ways the world is often harsh and hard. I just feel like he could use some building up right now. I think that H is really feeling the void of friends in his life. It has been 2 months since we moved and new friendships are yet to be formed.

Just 2 months ago when we were still in the good ol' Rocky Mountains, his life was FULL of friends. Friends he loved and that loved him. Here we are still working on connecting with other families with kids his age. It is a process... I know, I still feel the void in friendships... I guess, I am just now trying to figure out how to help my 4 year old navigate this void as well.

The teachable moments are many. "Hey Love, how did you feel when....? Let's be sure to not make others feel that way..." Wisdom would be welcomed! Please pray for his little heart to not be jaded by the rejection, but instead that God would be using this to shape his heart to be loving and kind to others.

1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks for H:( Change is hard on all. You are a great mom! My J man would love to hang out with H. Let's plan a playday;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails