Thursday, February 4, 2010

the big 3-O!!!

Turning 30 really feels like a big mile marker in life. I am realizing there is no place (really phase) of life that I would rather be in, than where I am right now. I have so much to be thankful for…
here is my top 30 list in no specific order…
1. My man- I can’t say enough about how thankful I am for Mr. Steady. He is just an amazing husband, loving, fun, supportive, thoughtful, and honest. He balances me out in so many ways, encourages me and challenges me. I am so blessed to have such a loving man!
2. H-man- such a smart kiddo full of life, wonder and curiosity.
3. Bug- our funny feisty girl that makes us feel like we are parenting a mini-me. She cracks us up, and keeps us on our toes.
4. Our newest blessing, flipping in my belly as I type. Still amazed at God’s planning and provision in giving us a third child.
5. The health of my kiddos, I honestly don’t take this for granted even for a day!
6. My parents, for so many reasons, for raising me, putting up with me, challenging me and helping me accomplish many dreams.
7. That Mr. Steady has a good job
8. My step-mom! My dad got married a few months before we did. And I LOVE Terri! I am so thankful for her love for my dad, for us kids and now the grandkids!
9. A warm house in a very safe neighborhood.
10. That God has allowed me to be pregnant 3 times now. I do not take it lightly that I get to carry a little life with-in me. Truly an honor and so amazing!
11. Grace- I am so thankful that life is not about what I can do, how good I can be… but that I am saved by grace alone!
12. Photos, I love captured memories!
13. Parenting mentors, who have paved the way and can give us insight.
14. Sweet friendships formed through mommy-hood.
15. Health insurance
16. My step-dad! My mom married Bill while I was still in college. They are a great couple and Bill is a great step-dad and grandpa!
17. That even-though I am a stay-at-home mom, that I was able to go to college. Thanks Dad for paying so much for my education!
18. My in-laws. I am SO blessed by incredible in-laws. Not only did they raise an incredible son, but they reach out, love me and encourage me often!
19. That we don’t have TV (cable) right now. I am getting to bed much earlier, which means I have the energy to get up before my kids… quiet 30-45 minutes to read my Bible and journal.
20. Kathy, Natalie and Nicole that have done so much to help me adjust to life in Cali.
21. That when I was 21 God gave me hope that there were still awesome Christian guys out there, and to stop settling. And by God’s grace I met Mr. Steady by 22!
22. T & D, so sweetly became my California Parents when I was in college and now that we moved back they not only love on Mr. Steady and I, but they are Cali grandparents for our kids… they are even taking the kids so Mr. Steady and I can get away for a night for my birthday!
23. The trials and hard times in life… for in these times I am changed the most, grow and mature. It is also in the trials that I naturally cling to God the most… not that I want any more trials, but I am thankful that good comes from difficulty!
24. Utah friends that gave us many farewells full of love, who continue to check in on us. Life-long friends for sure!
25. College roommates (Court, Kathy and Jenn)… I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for you 3 gals.
26. Cooking- having a kitchen to cook in and a husband that appreciates a home-cooked meal. I really enjoy cooking (and baking).
27. That I am not in control. Even though sometimes I wish I was, I am so thankful that God has a bigger plan and for my life, and still cares about the little details.
28. My siblings and my hubby’s siblings. I am so thankful for each relationship and that our siblings helped form who we are.
29. That we moved… as much as I am still missing Utah everyday. I feel like this move has helped us prioritize life. It has helped me soak in and enjoy my kids at this stage and has helped me trust God’s plan, even the unknown parts of it.
30. Life, and life to the full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails